Friday, May 09, 2008

Another Poetry Friday repeat!

Seemed like an appropriate time to dust off my Mother's Day poem , since most of y'all weren't around two years ago when I posted it. And, after all, 'tis the season!


HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY
by
Gregory K.

I made my mom a giant card
With letters three feet tall
(I couldn’t find the paper
So I used the playroom wall).
Then I made her breakfast –
Trix and jam rolled up in bread!
I think she would’ve liked it,
But I spilled it on her bed.
Our neighbor grows great roses,
So I filled our biggest vase.
I wish you could’ve seen it –
What a look on Mommy’s face!
Our cuckoo clock chirped six A.M.
I said I’d go and play.
Then I told my mom I loved her…
And she said I’d made her day.


If you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!



Plus, it's Poetry Friday, and writer2b has the roundup. Go on over and see how poetic the blogosphere can be....

1 comment:

David LaRochelle said...

Very, very funny Greg. It was definitely worth repeating.

David