Sunday, January 14, 2007

Books and Busy-ness

Many folks discuss the most personal of details on their blogs, but that's certainly not the case here. Still, the silence of the past few days has been a sign of how busy things have been around these parts. I mean really now... I missed Poetry Friday (though Kelly collected the links right here so I was able to catch up).

Among the less time consuming but more exciting things to report about this week... books! Through the kindness of some bloggers over on my blog roll, wonderful books have made their way to the school library at which I am the volunteer librarian. As a children's book lover, one frustrating thing about operating a library on no budget is that I see all these fantastic books that come out... and I don't have the chance to let everyone in on these amazing treats. And then there are books that I know we'll need as kids do more specific projects or find they're interested in certain topics. Enter bloggers! They join the ranks of the many who have helped build our library with their generosity of spirit (and of books). So simply put... THANKS!

Some of the recent library readalouds:

Library Lion -- Michelle Knudsen; illustrated by Kevin Hawkes
This Jazz Man -- Karen Ehrhardt; illustrated by R. G. Roth
Dear Mrs. Larue -- Mark Teague
How Does it Feel to be a Tree -- Flo Morse; illustrated by Clyde Watson
The Litte Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear -- Don and Audrey Wood

1 comment:

Little Willow said...

The Litte Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear is my favorite picture book of all time. Good choice.