Monday, March 02, 2009

Happy Dr. Seuss's Birthday to You!

If you were to ask the kids at the school where I'm the volunteer librarian who my favorite author of children's book is, I'm pretty sure every one of them would say Dr. Seuss. What can I say other than "true!" Hey, don't get me wrong -- I don't argue that every one of his books is perfection or anything like that. But holy smokes, the combo of artistic fun and verbal play is so extraordinary. Yah, I know, I'm not the first so say so. :-)

Anyway, loving him as I do, I also realized that I've done Oddaptations of 10 of his books. You can see the whole Oddaptation collection right here (or click individually on the links on the right hand side of my blog AND, in doing so, see an explanation of what Oddaptations are!). I write 'em from love, I tell you.

So Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss. And thanks!

1 comment:

MotherReader said...

Did you see the Google logo on his birthday? It was excellent.