Tuesday, September 10, 2013

In Which There Is Pie!

So. Uh. My first ever copy of the hardcover, actual book of The 14 Fibs of Gregory K. arrived the other day. There was additional squeeing.

And then, as I figure all authors do, I explored the book. Thing of beauty it is! And look. LOOK!!! On the book itself... there is pie! It's engraved right in there. Isn't it delicious looking?

Nina Goffi did the design of the book for Scholastic, and seriously... the little details from cover to cover, inside and out, really make the whole experience better than it would be with just my words. Huzzahs to her, I say. Huzzahs!

(It comes out in a couple weeks now. WEEKS. For those of you who have been hanging around here for years, weeks is a much shorter time to wait. Check with your favorite bookseller today, I say!)


9 comments:

Linda B said...

It's pre-ordered! Can't wait to see! Looks delicious!

Unknown said...

Congraultations, Greg. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

Alex said...

I knew there wasn't really pie, I knew it was a fib but I came over to look anyway. Congratulations, and I am looking forward to reading the new book.

Eric Ode said...

A beautiful, yummy thing it is! Many congratulations, Greg!

Charles Waters said...

AWESOME!

jama said...

Is that a fork with the pie?

Totally kewl . . . :)

Can't wait to read this!!

Unknown said...

Congrats! Can't wait to read it :)

Heidi Mordhorst said...

Oh this is SOOO exciting. Congrats!21

Greg Pincus said...

Thanks, y'all. It was, admittedly, virtual pie... and I'm glad you found it yummy, too!