Wednesday, July 16, 2008

On topic? Off topic? I don't care!

Sometimes something is funny enough to me that it doesn't have to tie into any of the various "normal" topics on the blog. I had decided that this fit the bill... but then I realized that I could even make it fit! Ya see, this year, the Mirriam-Webster Dictionary added a new word: mondegreen. As they say, a mondegreen is "a word or phrase that results from a mishearing of something said or sung." A classic example is the oft-quoted Creedence Clearwater Revival lyrics "there's a bathroom on the right" instead of "there's a bad moon on the rise." Cool word, right? And ties in with the oh-so-literary bent of this blog, right?

Yay!

Now, here's the reason why I'm laughing (and talking mondegreen):

Joe Cocker at Woodstock (with subtitles)

"Oh, liver!" Indeed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's one of the funniest videos I've seen this year! And it just got funnier and funnier as I went along....

THANKS!