Friday, December 01, 2006

Oddaptation: How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Up until now, when I've Oddapted, you'll note that I don't say much about my own thoughts on the book in question, preferring to leave some mystery in the Oddaptation, I suppose. (To check this claim out AND to find out what Oddaptations are, won't you peek at the links collected to the side of the blog under the headline The Oddaptations? Thanks.) However, in this case, I'll say it: I love the book. Still, the Grinch called out to be Oddapted... but in a somewhat different way than my usual rhyming, attitudinal style. What better way to start December AND greet poetry Friday (links collected handily by Kelly)? OK, maybe there are better ways, but you get no choice!

As always, I'd love to hear suggestions for future Oddaptations, other feedback, and winning lottery numbers.


HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS
by Dr. Seuss
Oddaptation by Gregory K.

Don’t worry. He didn’t.



7 comments:

JoanneMarie Faust said...

You summed that up brilliantly. Bravo!

Kelly said...

Stunning, Greg! I LOVE it.

Anonymous said...

Good one, Greg.

As for a suggestion, what about The Napping House? It's always seemed a little weird to me.

Cat Herself said...

Excellent!

Hey - did you see that the Knitty Gritty show on DIY featured Fibonacci Knitting? I didn't think so - that's why I came to tell you!

Nancy said...

Absolutely wonderful.

Erin said...

Lol! That's brilliant.

Yan Naing said...

Change always comes bearing gifts. ~nice post and thanks for sharing...