Tuesday, April 15, 2014

30 Poets/Day 15 - Mary Ann Hoberman and Eileen Spinelli

Halfway through April, and here come Mary Ann Hoberman and Eileen Spinelli bringing you insects and animals (some extinct, some not). I can safely say I've yet to determine any sort of "daily themes" as I combine years... other than the theme of sharing poetry written by rather remarkable poets. But that'll do!

I Dreamt I Saw a Dinosaur
by
Mary Ann Hoberman

I dreamt I saw a dinosaur
         Who stretched up very high.
I dreamt I saw a dinosaur
         Who towered to the sky.
I dreamt I saw a dinosaur
         Who told me with a sigh,
"I dreamt I saw a dinosaur
         Who dreamt he saw a dinosaur
Who dreamt he saw a dinosaur
         Who dreamt he saw a fly."

©2009 Mary Ann Hoberman. All rights reserved.
(Click here to see the original post and comments)



PRAYING MANTIS
by
Eileen Spinelli

Praying mantis
near my door
I wonder what
you're praying for.
A meal, perhaps,
a gentle wife,
a simple
well-blessed
mantis life?
And should the day
bring rain
and thunder,
a sturdy leaf
to shelter under.

© 2010 Eileen Spinelli. All rights reserved.
(Click here to see the original post and comments)

Yesterday we had poems from Linda Sue Park and Arthur A. Levine. Tomorrow... Betsy Franco and Bobbi Katz.

Please click here for more information on this year's edition of 30 Poets/30 Days, including how to follow along.


No comments: