Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The 2012 KidLit Progressive Poem - Day 25

Today is my turn to add a line onto the 2012 KidLit Progressive Poem, started and to be finished by Irene Latham with a whole slew of us in between.

In fact, elow my new line (added in bold below), you can see all the stops the poem has made before....

(if you cannot see the whole post, please click here)


If you are reading this
you must be hungry
Kick off your silver slippers
Come sit with us a spell

A hanky, here, now dry your tears
And fill your glass with wine
Now, pour. The parchment has secrets
Smells of a Moroccan market spill out.

You have come to the right place, just breathe in.
Honey, mint, cinnamon, sorrow. Now, breathe out
last week's dreams. Take a wish from the jar.
Inside, deep inside, is the answer…

Unfold it, and let us riddle it together,

...Strains of a waltz. How do frozen fingers play?
How do fennel, ginger, saffron blend in the tagine?
Like broken strangers bound by time, they sisterdance…
their veils of sorrow encircle, embrace

Feed your heart with waltzes and spices.
Feed your soul with wine and dreams.
Humble dust of coriander scents your feet, coaxing
seascapes, crystal sighs and moonshine from your melody.

Beware of dangers along the path of truth
And beware, my friend, of too much bewaring–
strong hands cushion you, sweet scents surround you—now leap
without looking, guided by trust. And when you land...


Next up is Renee at No Water River. What will she do from here? 

And here's where the poem's been and shall be going. What fun to have watched this progress and to be involved with all these talented folk! Thanks, Irene!

1 Irene at Live Your Poem
2 Doraine at Dori Reads
4 Robyn at Read, Write, Howl
5 Susan at Susan Taylor Brown
6 Mary Lee at A Year of Reading
7 Penny at A Penny and her Jots
8 Jone at Deo Writer
9 Gina at Swagger Writer's
10 Julie at The Drift Record
11 Kate at Book Aunt
12 Anastasia Suen at Booktalking
14 Diane at Random Noodling
16 Natalie at Wading Through Words
17 Tara at A Teaching Life
18 Amy at The Poem Farm
19 Lori at Habitual Rhymer
21 Myra at Gathering Books
23 Miranda at Miranda Paul Books
24 Linda at TeacherDance
25 Greg at Gotta Book
26 Renee at No Water River
27 Linda at Write Time
28 Caroline at Caroline by Line
29 Sheri at Sheri Doyle
30 Irene at Live Your Poem

19 comments:

KateCoombs said...

Can't see it--am I missing something?

Greg Pincus said...

Oh, frustrating Blogger quirk! I've added a fix, but it was there, Kate. I tell ya... it was there all along!

Irene Latham said...

Thank you, Greg, for bringing us to a landing! I'm excited to see how we wrap this one up. Will there be bumps?? It's up to Renee. :)

Renee LaTulippe said...

Oooohhhhh....let the writhing and head pounding begin...thanks, Greg!

Linda B said...

Terrific, and now, there's much to be said but only a few lines left. Another wonder-ing!

tanita✿davis said...

Oh, my goodness, this is just beautiful. Tagine - spices - sorrows - dust...

Amy LV said...

I can't wait to see what happens when we land! These lines that lead right into the next ones just get me. Yay poem! a.

Greg Pincus said...

Now that I realize I'm the only guy of the 30 poets involved, I'd like to change my line to something else:

... like Kobe Bryant onto a speeding train full of ninjas and superheroes dodging bullets as the calvary roars up on motorcycles.

What? Too late? Oh well. Let it stand as written :-)

Regina said...

I think ninjas could have worked with the leaping but I love the line as it stands.

Ruth said...

Ha! I like your original line too, but we should try a more action-oriented poem next time. :-)

KateCoombs said...

Oh, I love your Kobe line! Maybe next time...

Linda B said...

Who says girls don't like speeding trains & ninjas, motorcycles & speeding trains?!

Greg Pincus said...

Oh, Linda - no one says that. I've never actually had a poem that broke down on gender lines. Still, never let fact stand in the way of playing with stereotypes, I always say!

Linda B said...

No offense meant-just joking!

Lori Degman said...

Nice addition, Greg - good cliffhanger!

Robyn Hood Black said...

Late to the party, but terrific line, Greg! And Kudos for you for being the only male in this grand adventure. (And I'm thinking you might develop your "alternate" line into a whole poem? C'mon... kids would love it!) ;0)

Penny Parker Klostermann said...

Oh...so will the landing stick or not??? Guess that's up to Renee!
Nice line!

jone said...

Wow, fabulous line, Greg. As with other things, I haven't checked in on this for a while. It's amazing how it's developed.

Anonymous said...

This looks like such great fun! Certainly can't wait to see it done!
Guess I need to come back to see the final product. To stumble onto this---What luck.
I started following links from Your Daily Poem and here I am. What a great way to celebrate National Poetry month!