Monday, January 31, 2011

The publishing future of poetry for kids

Over at the fab Poetry for Children blog, Sylvia Vardell has posted an interview with Lee Bennett Hopkins about the future of publishing poetry for kids.

It's an excellent read, even though it's not entirely encouraging when you see someone like Lee saying the anthology is dead/dying.

Got something to add? Let's keep the conversation alive here or there or somewhere, because while I'm confident that poems will still be getting out there to kids... I think we should be focusing on the challenges now not feel run over by 'em later!

2 comments:

Poetry of the Day said...

nice way to get that "poetry for kids" keyword in there lol. looks kinda like spam to me, not sure tho.

Greg Pincus said...

LOL! The above comment made my day, I have to say. A good hearty laugh... though I suspect unintentional. I do so love the internet....