Monday, September 15, 2008

Time value?

Not so many years ago, I was a fantasy baseball addict. True. I could watch a game on TV or in person and calculate how it impacted my team. In fact, sometimes I'd peek at a box score online just to see... as if knowing somehow made a difference since my team was set and not changing. It was, I must admit, a blast.

But then I realized that it was taking time and mental space away from... well, I'm not sure what. But it was definitely taking time and mental space.

I share this now because I have been filling up those same moments with reading... bits o' this... bits o' that. And of course, this doesn't in any way feel like procrastination or filling time (even though, I must add, I'm not always reading for work in any way, shape, or form!). It's strange how this works, but I'm embracing it.

Though I sure do miss my fantasy baseball team!

No comments: