Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Hold the bus!!!

For a few of you, I suspect the above title will spark an immediate pop-culture reaction: you'll imagine four costumed characters running around crazily, bonking into each other and anything else in their path with great zeal. For the rest, lemme just cut to the chase: I'm talking about the Banana Splits!

Why, you might ask? Well, because not terribly long ago, I was lucky enough to be involved in writing some new material for the Splits -- a slew of one to two minute interstitial skits. And now, I'm pleased to say, it's coming out all over the place: the Splits' website, Cartoon Network, and Boomerang for starters. There's even a new album coming out (the Splits, lest you forget, were and are a band (performing in Myrtle Beach, by the way)).

It's pretty fun and funny stuff, I say with bias. And since I know at least a few of you who watch TV with your kids... some of you might even run into one or two of the skits I wrote. I know I'll be watching....

3 comments:

Lisa Yee said...

I was in the Banana Splits club when I was a kid. I wonder if my membership is still valid?

Greg Pincus said...

I'm sure it's valid... but why not refresh and renew and sign up again! Celebrate the new Splits, I tell ya. And get online goodies, at that.

Anonymous said...

Read about this in the L.A. Times and thought of you. Yay to their return, and to your stuff getting onto my TV.