Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Starting the new year Cybils' style

So, to start 2008 off with a bang, the Cybils gang has announced some of this year's finalists. I'm excited because the Poetry category, for which I'm proud to be a judge, is one of the announced groups. Not only that, but it looks like the first set of judges have once again left us final judges with an amazing list. Check it out and disagree with me if you can.

The rest of the nominees will be announced on January 7th. I'm looking forward to seeing them as well... but not as much as I'm looking forward to some spirited conversation about the poetry books.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't argue, having been on the nominating committee. Although I CAN wish that we could have nominated 10 - this year was a fantastic year in children's poetry!

web said...

Yes, we definitely did not make things easy for you guys this year. Have fun!

laurasalas said...

It was very cool being on the nominating committee. Now I can't wait to see which book you guys pick as the winner!

Bkbuds said...

I'm excited too. This was my favorite list. I'd read four of the titles so I'm excited to see if one of them wins.

Good luck!