Saturday, September 22, 2007

Spiderweb chronicles...

Carrying leftovers from a family meal, I walked smack dab into a giant spider web tonight. Face first. Sticky and strong, as if made by spiderman himself, this thing was all over me. After shaking off the dangling spider (who was clearly more upset than I was) and brushing off what I could, I took off my glasses and looked at them through a light -- a perfect spider web design still covered them, as if now part of my lenses.

Luckily it came off. And after three showers and changes of clothes, I'm pretty sure I'm free of the stuff myself. Maybe. Can't... be... sure!

Ack! Time for a shower, so I gotta book!

5 comments:

Lisa Yee said...

Now you're Spiderpoet.

Anonymous said...

Spiderpoet, spiderpoet
does whatever a spiderpoet does
Can he swing
from a web?
No he can't
He's a poet
Look out! Here comes the spiderpoet!

(Yeah. I swiped the lyrics to Spiderpig from The Simpson Movie. Oh well.)

Greg Pincus said...

He's Spiderpoet.
Spinning sticky webs of words...
And for dessert: Flies!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great imagery, especially the webby lenses. Bwwahahahah!!!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I think I would have saved those glasses... at least tried to take a picture of them. How does the world look through a web?