Monday, June 12, 2006

Who knew?

So, we're approaching the end of the school year... which normally wouldn't mean all that much to me. But this year, well, I find that I've rejiggered my schedule to make sure I get in to read one last time to every class in the school. I've talked here often of how we've built a library this year (now of over 10,000 books) and how the kids love it, but there is absolutely no question that it's been a transforming experience for me, as well. Best project I've worked on in Hollywood, as I often say. And while it'll be great for the kids when we finally get a true librarian, I have a feeling I'm gonna be doing read-alouds for a long time to come.

Who knew?


A few more of the books read this year:

The Recess Queen -- Alexis O'Neill. Illus. by Laura Huliska-Beith
The Scrambled States of America -- Laurie Keller
Starry Messenger -- Peter Sis
Polka Bats -- Calef Brown
The Best Pet of All -- David LaRochelle. Illus. by Hanako Wakiyama
When Everybody Wore a Hat -- William Steig

1 comment:

Becky said...

We love the Sis and Steig books!