Friday, June 16, 2006

A poetic challenge

OK, work with me here. It's Poetry Friday. But it's also the start of something else that a lot o' my online pals are doing, so I have tried to combine the two....


Looking for some weekend plans?
I’ll tell you what to do…

Gather up a mound of books
(Or maybe gather two).

Sit yourself down on your couch
Or try the park or zoo,

Then read for hours -- 48!
(It needn’t be straight through.)

Yes, Mother Reader challenged folks
To try out something new...

So join your fellow bloggers and review, review review!


If you can forgive the doggerel, it's just to point out that today marks the start of the 48 Hour Book Review Challenge. That link'll get you to the "rules," and you can also see a list of participating bloggers. Let's just say there's gonna be a lotttttt of book reviews posted over the weekend, and I hope to make a nice summer reading list out of the top picks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your book deal, which I just read about in Cynthia Leitich Smith's blog. I composed this stacked fib in your honor:

I
Am
Braindead
Motherhood
Saps vitality
Somebody pass the caffiene, please
Neurons stopped firing
What's my name?
Oh yeah.
It's
Mom

have a delightful weekend!

Greg Pincus said...

Thanks for the fabulous stacked Fibbing, and I'd note that "Fatherhood" and "Dad" are fine substitutes for your word choices.

Though once I get that daily coffee IV hooked up, I do find vitality from the munchkins (just in case they read these comments!).