Thursday, May 11, 2006

Was that really a read-aloud?

The book Tuesday by David Wiesner has basically no words in it. A few times-of-day and maybe two sentences. So the question is, when it was part of storytime... was it a read-aloud or show and tell? Regardless, there was laughter... and lots of frogs.

I'm glad I can occasionally blog the titles that have been read in the library. I cannot imagine being able to compile the chock full of great stuff posts that Cynthia Leitich Smith does allllll the time on her blog Cynsations. It's daily reading for me, but it's definitely the type of blog I can never, ever, ever imagine emulating!

Other library read-alouds of recent times (besides Tuesday)...

I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato -- Lauren Child
The Story of Ferdinand -- Munro Leaf (illus. Robert Lawson)
Willy Dreams -- Anthony Browne

No comments: