Saturday, May 06, 2006

Might as well face it...

... I'm addicted to blog. Or more to the point, I'm addicted to checking the email address associated with this blog. Because besides all the great junk mail I've mentioned, I also get much more interesting responses. I've exchanged mail with someone from Iceland who had questions about Los Angeles, received an email totally in Greek about Greek poets (but not a mention of Fibs), gotten two emails in languages I could not decipher, heard from editors and teachers and writers who were interested in Fibbing, and yakked with dozens of fellow bloggers. It's been great. Sure, I haven't received e-mail from a hot man of children's literature, but since that's not my phrase, I guess that's to be expected.

I've been trying to stop checking obsessively, but how can you fault a guy who's having fun? So with that, I gotta book... and check the mail.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

<<,,,,received an email totally in Greek about Greek poets ... gotten two emails in languages I could not decipher...>>

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

..and would be nice, GK, if you share with us your replies...gg

Greg Pincus said...

Yes, I babelfished the Greek to konw what it said. The other two languages were not translatable by babelfish or any of the other online places I tried.

You'll also note that I didn't reveal the specific contents of mail to me, as that'd be rude, and I certainly wouldn't share my replies (well, unless they were riotously funny).