Sunday, May 21, 2006

Sometimes it is rocket science....

One of the advantages of living in the greater LA area is that you get to take advantage of some unique opportunities. Today that meant the Jet Propulsion Lab open house. Talk about sparking the imagination of kids and adults alike: Mars rovers, sounds from space, pictures from space, robots, and lots o' free posters, stickers, and bookmarks.

There are many times when I jokingly call something "research" for future writing, but there's no question that a trip to JPL filled me with ideas, questions, and a touch of awe. Definitely fun, and even had it been a work day, definitely not procrastination.

1 comment:

Disco Mermaids said...

I grew up in L.A. County and one of the highlights of my elementary school years was a field trip to JPL (one of my classmate's fathers worked there). Absolutely amazing!!!

- Jay