Sunday, March 30, 2014

Fibonachos! (A Recipe)

So, I ran across this recipe on a scrap of paper on my desk today - I recall quickly writing it late one night while brainstorming ideas for The 14 Fibs of Gregory K. launch.  I don't recall what my exact thoughts were, but I bet it was something like "Hey! It's food! And Fibonacci!" Regardless, here it is:

Fibonachos

1 bag of chips
1 can refried beans
2 lbs. ground beef
3 handfuls shredded cheese
5 tablespoons sour cream

Serves 8.

In a large pan, brown the meat, seasoned to taste (with 13 spices, ideally). Combine with beans. Pour bag of chips onto cookie pan to form an even layer. Cover chips with meat-bean mixture. Sprinkle the three handfuls of cheese on top. Put in oven at 250 degrees for 10 minutes. Serve warm, garnished with sour cream.

Yes, I had all that written down. I was serious about this idea, I tell you! As you may recall... I had pie at the launch party instead. I'm okay with that... but if you ever want to invite me over for Fibonachos, I'm game!

Now, I already knew about a similar idea as presented by Bill Amend in Foxtrot. But I decided to Google "fibonachos" today and lo and behold, check out this gorgeous post on the Tech in Translation site. The picture below gives you the idea. And with that, I say... Fibonachos for all, and for all a good night!




No comments: