Friday, October 04, 2013

Bubble Stuff - a bubbly poem/a bubble poem

Bubble Stuff
by
Greg Pincus

I drank a jug of bubble stuff.
Don't ask me why I did.
I used to be so calm and cool,
Now I'm a bubbly kid.

I make six bubbles when I burp.
I speak - I make a swarm.
I try and breathe out through my nose:
I make a bubble storm.

Before I drank that soapy stuff,
I used to feel unstoppable.
But now I simply hope and pray
That I remain unpoppable.


I remember endless debates as a kid about what bubble stuff was the best. I have a feeling we never really defined what "best" meant! Still, it probably led directly to this bit o' silliness from me. Anyway, you outta go check out the Poetry Friday Roundup over at Dori Reads to see if anyone settles this argument for us... or, ya know, just to read lots of good poetry related stuff!

And if you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!



5 comments:

Margaret Simon said...

Your book arrived this week and already one of my students has it and is reading. I can't wait to hear his response. He's been sick for a few days, so I haven't checked in. How exciting for you and Gregory K. Congratulations! Also love the bubble poem. Writing rhyme is such a struggle for me, and it seems so easy when you do it.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

My boys will love this one! We are big on bubbles around here.

Keri said...

Hilarious, as usual. It's easy to picture an illustration with this one. ;-)

Doraine said...

Isn't that funny?! It would never have occurred to me as a kid to DRINK the bubble stuff. Now my grandsons are a completely different story. They probably have already solved your riddle.

Michelle Heidenrich Barnes said...

May we all remain unpoppable when we need that inner strength! Love all of your clever poetry.