Saturday, December 31, 2011

December 31st (Looking Back) - an end of the year poem/a New Year's poem

December 31st (Looking Back)
by
Greg Pincus

The year’s near done. Let’s review:
Resolutions? Kept a few.
Top 10 goals? I reached two.
School and chores? At least they’re through.
Learned to drum. Tried kung fu.
Wrote and sang and read and drew.
Food I’ve tried? A list that grew!
Had a crush, but won’t say who.
Played with friends (including you).
Failed a lot as this year flew.
Tonight one year will say “adieu.”
Tomorrow, we can start anew...
But looking back, this much is true:
I tried my best, and that'll do.


Thanks to all of you for being part of the year here at GottaBook. I wish you all a new year filled with health, joy, and juuuust enough of the dessert of your choice.

If you want to get all my poems emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!

4 comments:

Tabatha said...

Very nice ending! What more can you ask than trying your best?
Happy New Year, Greg!

Alex said...

What a nice poem. I always told my daughter to try her best when she was tackling new things. I think I will send it to her, I know she will appreciate it.

Happy New Year to you and thank you for all the wonderful poems that you have shared.

Linda B said...

Thanks for all. Your great poems, each a gem! You add laughter to my days often!

Anya said...

Lovely poem.

Happy New Year!