Thursday, April 08, 2010

Of Reversos and More....

Ever written a reverso? It's a new form by Marilyn Singer (who gave us a triolet as part of 30 Poets/30 Days last year!) that reads as a poem going down the page... then as a different one going up. Her book, Mirror Mirror (illustrated by Josee Masse) is full of reversible verse, and it is simply brilliant.

And let me tell you, reversos are HARD. Over at The Miss Rumphius Effect, she used the reverso as her prompt this Monday. You can see what folks came up with (I finally got a three line one in the comments).

Staying poetic... Elaine Magliaro typed up a wonderful "week-in-review" about some of what's been going on in the Kidlitosphere to celebrate the Month. So much poetry fun... and more coming here soon. But for now, I gotta book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I freakin' love that book.

Jules
7-Imp

Anonymous said...

me to!!!