Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Ziiiiiiip

So, this is what life is like in the city -- I'm excited because I've found a new route that's shaved minutes off an otherwise not-really-so-bad-anyway drive. I have told others about said route, even though they never need to go where I'm going. But they applaud my achievement anyway, understanding the joy.

I am not so sure that kids are wired this way, so my picture book idea "Greg Skips Four Traffic Lights and Finds a Street that Cuts at an Angle" is likely to stay in draft form for awhile longer yet....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have no idea how happy that proposed book title made me. :)

Mine for the day? Kelly is Thrilled to Find an Open Checkout Lane with Nobody Ahead of Her

Lisa Yee said...

But if you tell people about your secret route, it won't be a secret anymore, because they will tell other people, who will then drive where you are, and then you will be in a traffic jam and have to find another less crowded route.

Greg Pincus said...

Whoa, Kelly. That's like the start of a whole SERIES of books....

And Lisa, that merely opens up another avenue for satisfaction down the line. This new route of mine replaces one found last year that I talked of endlessly for weeks. Who knows what next year will bring!