Saturday, April 14, 2007

A report from the field...

Today was the SCBWI-LA Writer's Day, and, as always, a fine day it was. Learning, socializing, and brownies all in one place. What's not to like? To top it all off, I got to hang out with some blogging pals! Among the blogging folk who I got to rub more than cyber-shoulders with for a few seconds... Tina Nichols Coury (and thanks for letting me hold your Rushmore!), Mary Peterson, Rita Crayon Huang, all three Disco Mermaids, and speakers Lisa Yee and Cheryl Klein, both of whom seem to me to have mastered the art of entertaining while imparting knowledge. Good times, indeed.

I'm looking forward to the summer SCBWI Conference where I expect to meet so many bloggers that listing them is out of the question!

4 comments:

Disco Mermaids said...

Once again, you beat us to the post. And I think you also beat me to the brownies, cuz I never got one!

- Jay

Lisa Yee said...

Great seeing you! (And you were right about the bleachers.)

Anonymous said...

All in all it was a great time. My little Rushmore enjoyed the day and made many new friends.

Tina

Rita said...

Great, great, great, great, great, great day. Pictures coming very soon!!