Sunday, February 11, 2007

Staying low tech...

One day, I plan to bell-and-whistle around here and add video and audio and photos and all that good stuff. I mean, really, I can read my poetry aloud and turn it into a podcast, and I think that'd be a hoot. Don't know great podcasts can be? Stay in the kidlitosphere and check out Just One More Book to understand. So yeah, one day I'll do that, but first I have vowed to catch up on all the blogs I've been missing, clean my desk (of course!), and spend a week solid just writing poetry and nothing else. After all that... podcasts, baby!


Speaking of blogs worth reading, why not zip along the through the kidlitosphere and say say "welcome" to new blogger, Greg Trine? Greg writes the super-fun Melvin Beederman books, and he posed a question in his first blog entry that I think will strike a chord with many (not me, of course. Nooooooooooo. Not me.): Does Rejection Cause Hair Loss?

7 comments:

Andrea -- Just One More Book!! Podcast said...

Gregory,

Thanks so much for spreading the JOMB word!

As for doing your own podcast, we say "Go for it!"

You can't imagine how fun (and addictive) it is. And, heck, since there's no video you can actually clean up your desk and catch up on your blog reading *while* you record your show! (or, in our case, drink coffee and eat your breakfast)

Looking forward to listening to yours,
Andrea

Greg Pincus said...

Andrea -- you guys are sooooo good at the podcasting thing that the fun/addictive quality rubs off on, I suspect, everyone who listens in. Plus you make it seem easy, too (and since I have a Mac, it actually is).

One day. Honest. But shorter pods, I suspect!

Lisa Yee said...

Since you're gonna be teching around, how about posting your blog on Live Journal? That would make it so much easier on me, and it is all about me.

Greg Pincus said...

Lisa -- I'm syndicated over on LJ, so in theory you should be able to add me to your friends list over there. I am embarrassingly not up to speed on that and, well, uh, I'm not actually looking to you for tech help. I mean that with love, Ms. Library Deleter. But I'm just saying you should be able to see me over thereabouts....

Anonymous said...

Hey Greg (great name, btw)
Thanks for spreading the word about my blog.

Greg T

Terry P. said...

Hey Greg,

I don't believe that rejection causes hair loss-otherwise I'd have been bald years ago.

And after you get all teched-up on podcasting, etc., I'll look forward to hearing you do a regional workshop for the V/SB SCBWI group. You are our leader and inspiration in "all that is techy and geeky." :-)

Denise Wakeman aka The Blog Squad said...

Speaking of video and procrastination which you seem to address fairly often, check out this video on Lifehacker:

http://lifehacker.com/software/procrastination/ze-frank-on-procrastination-235859.php