Monday, October 23, 2006

Yum!

So, I'm home writing, when suddenly the doorbell rings. This is a rarity, and certainly a cause for celebration since it is an excuse... errrr... a reason to temporarily stop working! Better still, as I approach the front door, I can see a UPS truck idling on the street. It doesn't matter than I'm not expecting anything. In fact, that makes it better.

So guess what I got.... Anyone? No? I'll tell ya:

CHOCOLATE!!!

I immediately put on coffee, shared a few of the newfound treats with some rather special guests who were lurking as I was working, and went into a burst of creativity unparalleled in at least the last 17 hours, perhaps longer. But it's a nice sized box of chocolate, I must note, so I suspect this big work-week I've got scheduled is gonna go awfully well.

So remember, for those with a writer in your life, a surprise box of chocolates is exactly what they need. For the record, chocolate with peanut butter was ruled the victor over the caramel and pure chocolate. Keep that in mind, though individual tastes may vary (even if they're wrong).

5 comments:

Lisa Yee said...

You speak the truth.

Elaine Magliaro said...

Gregory,

You are just going to have to find yourself a copy of Arnold Adoff's CHOCOLATE DREAMS. It's a book of children's poems about all things chocolate.

Here's a tasty tidbit:

Chocolate
Chocolate
I
Love
You So
I
Want
To
Marry
You
And
Live
Forever
In The
Flavor
Of Your
Brown

Sorry I can't space the words they way they appear in the book.
This poem also appeared in an earlier book of poems by Adoff entitled EATS: POEMS--but in this book the words in the poem are written without any capitals, except for the word chocolate.

SilberBook-Blog said...

I hope not too many of the darlings were harmed with poking fingers looking to unmask the secrets waiting inside.

I am salivating for sugar...and it's only 8:30 am.

alan

alvinaling said...

That's funny, I just surprised my brother with chocolates yesterday! (Well, I ordered them on Friday and they arrived yesterday).

In case anyone is looking for a great chocolate store, check out http://honestchocolates.com/. I went to their store in Oregon, and they were so nice and helpful, and, best of all DELICIOUS. And you can order them online! Even better.

Greg Pincus said...

Thanks for that poem, Elaine. I used it as impetus to begin the morning with my future wife.

And Alvina, that site looks great. I am a big fan of Chocosphere (which I note is also based in Oregon). That's where I first discovered Max Brenner's stuff. Is it better than others? I dunno, but how can you not like the slogan "Chocolate by the bald man."???