Sunday, October 08, 2006

Playoff mentality

Let me just say front and center that I love post-season baseball. Sure, I've got my favorite teams, but I love the sport enough that I will watch just about anyone play ball this time of year. Detroit and San Diego in the Series? No problem!

This year, however, as I work on the 14 Fabulous Fibs, I'm adopting a playoff mentality of my own... and using the march to the World Series as my own personal timeline. I'm hoping to avoid any Game Seven, down to the last pitch scenarios but I'm ready if it comes up. I'm trying really hard to avoid injury, as at this time of year the roster is set and there's no substitutions. And most of all, I'm trying to elevate my game since that's what it takes to win this time of year.

Well, in my case, additional coffee helps a lot, too.

Now I gotta book and get back to my own field of glory (which looks surprisingly like a messy desk with a computer on it. But hey, a guy can dream!)

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I love baseball, especially post-season baseball too. But my team let me down.

So now I'm rooting for the Mets cuz they're fun to watch.