Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Cut off at the knees!

For those who know me, you’d know that if that title concept happened to me, the impact on my height would be, well, not pretty. For those who don’t know me, I’m 6’2” but all legs, so being cut off at the knees would knock me well under 5' in my stocking leg stubs. Anyway, I woke up this morning to find my beloved Mac not sleeping as I’d left it, but standing limply on my desk without vital signs, without the soothing, whirring breathing I’ve grown to love, without the occasional burst of an iTune… simply without life. The HORROR. No e-mail. No Google. No nothing.

But then I thought… AHA! I know I was more efficient in the old days. It’s time to pull out all the manuscripts that I’ve left in disrepair and focus on them without distraction. The HORROR! No hardcopies.

Yellow pads! I have ‘em, and I’m not afraid to use them. Yes… today was going to be a day of sheer unadulterated creativity the likes of which hasn’t been seen around these parts since Young Mother Hubbard got her first puppy. I gathered up the needed supplies with great energy. I was READY and I did NOT need my computer!

For the record, it took 90 minutes at the Apple Store from drop off ‘til total repair of my Mac. Free due to my apple care, no less. OK, fine... I didn’t pick it up immediately cuz I snuck out to grab some lunch at a great N’awlins style place, but… well…

That productive day will be tomorrow now that I have my lower legs back. I promise.

No comments: