Saturday, April 11, 2020

Bob Raczka - Squirrel

SQUIRREL 
(a skinny sonnet)
 
Gray    
face.     
Plays    
chase.  
Thick   
tail    
flicks,  
flails.   
Meal    
needs? 
Steals   
seeds.
Crime   
time!   

© Bob Raczka. All rights reserved.

The clever and creative Bob Raczka gives us a skinny sonnet - a single word (and syllable, for that matter) per line but following the classic sonnet rhyme scheme:

a b a b
c d c d
e f e f
g g

That's... I mean... that's remarkable. I don't think I can do one... but heck, yeah, I'll try. Meantime, I recommend you head on out and find Bob's latest books - Like Best Friends and Beware! - to see more clever wordplay on display. 


2 comments:

Bridget Magee said...

Cool combo of a skinny and sonnet...a skonnet? Add in the squirrel, does it become a squinny skonnet? :)

Fanta Bolousone said...

Good readiing