Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Say "Hi!" to Debbie Ridpath Ohi!

This year's 30 Poets/30 Days logo was created by Debbie Ridpath Ohi, one of my most favorite ever people I've met through social media.

She is a one-woman powerhouse - a writer (picture books! YA! MG! poetry! non-fiction! songs!), illustrator, cartoonist, social media whiz, incredible provider of resources for children's lit folks, iPad lover, and I can't even tell you all the other hyphenates.

Her first book as illustrator, I'm Bored (written by Michael Ian Black) comes out this September from Simon & Schuster. That's pretty darn exciting. But you know what's maybe even more exciting?

Two new contracts, including her first book as writer/illustrator!

I am thrilled to see Debbie's career taking off (though I'm not surprised), and I was always excited to add her logo to the 30 Poets posts during April.

If you all don't know her... you really should. Don't wait til September - go see her now at any of those above links. You'll be glad you did.

1 comment:

kathleen duey said...

Debbie is a force of nature, and a lovely human. Thanks for the blog.