Saturday, March 17, 2012

Wired - an ADHD poem

Wired
By
Greg Pincus

Mom says it’s how I’m wired:
I’m like a spinning top.
My teachers say I’m like the wind:
I never, ever stop.

My brother says I’m like a pest -
That’s why we often fight.
My grandma says I’m like the moon:
I’ll shine and shine all night.

My doctor says I’m like a kid
Who’s got ADHD.
My father says I’m just like him....
I think that I’m just me.


Thanks to all of you who voted (for me and my poem Wake Up Call or for anyone) in the first round of Ed DeCaria's March Poetry Madness. It's a really fun event... and I'm excited that I've moved on to the round of 32.

My next poem will be up Monday morning, but I can't tell you what it's about since I haven't yet received the word I have to use for it! In the meantime, there's great reading up at Ed's site, and other poems coming up for voting Sunday morning.  I hope you'll check it out. Good times!

The above poem was the first one I wrote based on the word I got in the first round - wired. I eventually submitted a totally different poem, but I thought it would be fun to share this one, too.

Plus, I just announced the 2012 Edition of 30 Poets/30 Days. I hope you'll be following along, as the poetry in April is going to be fantastic.

If you'd to get all the poems here at GottaBook emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!

2 comments:

Linda B said...

Wow, I like both your 'wired' poems. I like that "I'll shine and shine all night." Good luck with the next word, & the longer poem.

Greg Pincus said...

Thanks, Linda. Luckily, the next poem doesn't HAVE to be longer... though as we move along, the poems in March Madness are allowed to be longer. But hey, if someone writes a great two word poem, it'll fit in any round. And I'm sorry you didn't move out of the closest matchup in the whole event! Next year. Next year....