Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Collecting

When I was a kid, I collected a lot of different things - baseball cards, bottle caps, buttons (the kind with slogans on them, not clothing buttons), and stamps among them.

Now, here I am as an adult, and I realize that the only thing I seem to be collecting is poetry books. Okay... maybe I'm just accumulating them, rather than truly collecting (it's not curated nor do I ever try to trade for missing titles). Still, the increase over the years is noticeable.

Here's where being a volunteer librarian is great, however - I get to share my collections. And, I'd like to think, new collections will be borne from it. But if not, hey, I'm a happy guy anyway.

And you? Been collecting these days?

1 comment:

MotherReader said...

Beads. All of a sudden I've got a fascination with making jewelry and I keep buying beads that I want to use. So far I've kept to buying ones that I am using, but I can see how dangerous the trend could become...