Friday, December 11, 2009

A Poetry Re-Issue: Why I Love the Holidays In My Family

How often will Poetry Friday fall on the start of Hanukkah, on Christmas Day and on New Year's Day? That's what's happening today, then in two and three weeks. Cool. So, to keep up with "the season"...

WHY I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS IN MY FAMILY
by
Gregory K.

My dad lights the menorah.
My mom hangs Christmas lights.
And so the way I do the math,
It’s presents 20 nights!

The Poetry Friday roundup is over at Random Noodling today. Why not go check it out?

And if you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe!


4 comments:

Lee Wind, M.Ed. said...

Super sweet - it's funny, we just had this conversation about whether Christmas really is 12 days or if that's just the song...
Thanks for the Holiday poem, Greg!
Namaste,
Lee

Anonymous said...

This is sweet and funny! Love it. I didn't realize you had a poetry Friday, too!

peace,
Donna

Mary Lee said...

Your post yesterday inspired me -- I read THE LATKE WHO COULDN'T STOP SCREAMING aloud, but your post also taught me -- I only read it once and we did our best "quiet" screams, so my vocal cords were spared and so were my teaching neighbors. Your poem today would have been a good one to share along with Snickett's book!

writingmatters said...

Except for in a recession, when we just drop blessings in the Hanukkah bowls we made for eachother 8 years ago for 8 days then open 2 on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas Day. We like to think we're green cuz we're not wasting paper. Happy Chrismakkah.