Friday, October 16, 2009

Oddaptation (redux!): Where the Wild Things Are

Today sees the release of the feature film version of Where the Wild Things are, so it seemed a good day to re-issue my Oddaptation of that classic picture book. You can click here for the Oddaptation definition and backstory... or just think Cliff Notes with attitude.


WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE
by Maurice Sendak
Oddaptation by Gregory K.

Another family meal is missed:
Max is angry. Max is pissed.
And rumpus beasts? They don’t exist...
My word, Max needs a therapist!


If you want to get all my new poems (and only the poems) emailed to you for freeee as they hit the blog, enter your email address in the box below then click subscribe.


And hey... the fabulously poetic Laura Purdie Salas has this week's Poetry Friday roundup. Head on over and check out the fun!

4 comments:

laurasalas said...

Love this, Greg! (Unfortunately, it sounds just like home:>/ )

I've added you to Mister Linky. Have a great conference!

Susan Taylor Brown said...

This is great, Greg! As Laura says, very familiar. I'm not so old that I can't remember those days with my kids.

Julie said...

"Rumpus beasts" - I love that!

Unknown said...

Wonderful Greg! I quoted you on my blog. My kids are teens now, and share this view.