Saturday, January 10, 2009

Piles. Big piles.

This week I dismantled big piles of books in my office. You know the piles I'm talking about -- books I'd planned to read. I assume I'll still read them, but I needed to redistribute them to shelves and other places so I could start fresh.

It's not that I don't plan to read them all. I do. And it's not that I never made progress on the piles. Instead, they grow faster than I can read. I think this is a good thing, but if you were waiting for me to have a convo with you on any specific book title, you might want to find someone else to chat with!

I expect build new piles, of course, and can only imagine that it'll include books I recently shelved. But for now, I feel like a huge amount of progress has been made!

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

It's all very well when one has shelves...but we no longer do, so for the moment, piles it is.