Monday, December 15, 2008

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

One of the great perks of being a volunteer librarian is that I get to pick whatever I want to read-aloud (well, more or less). This holiday time I've forgone the Grinch and gone with The Latke Who Couldn't Stop Screaming, a Christmas Story by Lemony Snickett with illustrations by Lisa Brown. The big advantage, as far as I'm concerned of this as a read-aloud is that it allows me to scream "Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" many times. If one knows that a committee meeting is going on in the room right next to the library, it allows one to scream with extra gusto.

I was hoarse for days, but the looks I got later that day were well worthwhile.

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that book. I got this year's Snicket offering (three copies as presents for others) a few week's ago. It's called THE LUMP OF COAL. I think.