Monday, March 10, 2008

Parts of speech

Apparently, I didn't get the memo, but for reasons unknown to me, folks keep ending up at my blog today, searching for various parts of speech. Was today National Noun Day or something?

It'd be kinda fun to have Parts of Speech Days, I think. Past Participle Day would probably end up like Arbor Day -- unappreciated and rarely celebrated. But think of the fun with greeting cards on Interjection Day!

Those with a hotline to Hallmark, please get in touch.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Not Hallmark, but I do think this is funny :)

Cat Herself said...

Interjections! Show excitement! Or emotion! Hallelujah!

(brought to you by a person raised on Grammar Rock) . . . or by a comma when the feeling's not as strong.

F. S. Poesy said...

Well, there is a National Puctuation Day.

But I've got to agree with you on Past Participle Day. That would probably be about as popular as Sentence Diagramming Day.