Friday, October 19, 2007

Late again...

For most of you, Poetry Friday is already done. Not here, though. Plus, it will live on, since the wonderful Kelly Fineman collected this week's links right here.

As for me, I was gonna do a search Fib, but kept staring too long at a few odd search terms that brought folks to me this week:

i will love you forever... i will love you forever and i think about you all the time garage music

congratulation for the contribution for the deal

chocolate chocolate i love you so i want to marry you and live in the flavor of your brown forever


Perhaps that's poetry in its own right? I'll think about that later, but for now I gotta book.

4 comments:

Elaine Magliaro said...

Greg,

One of the search terms IS poetry in its own right!

"Chocolate Chocolate i love you so i want to marry you and live forever in the flavor of your brown" is a poem by Arnold Adoff. It's included in his book EATS: POEMS, which was published in 1979.

Greg Pincus said...

Yes, Elaine. This one I knew (in no small part because you'd sent me scurrying back to Adoff earlier this year)! The combo of search terms and the fact that they get to me is just kinda poetic to me, in a very silly way.

And I want to marry chocolate, too, by the way....

Elaine Magliaro said...

Gregory,

You and I and millions of others would like to marry chocolate! Adoff isn't the only poet who dreams about chocolate.

I think you'll just have to write a chocolate FIB!!!

Rita said...

A chocolate fib. I would post that on my wall.