Wednesday, May 23, 2007

On the plus side...

... it's one less blog I'll read regularly. But that's the only plus I can find to the fact that Miss Snark is retiring from the blogosphere. Yeah, I'm late on this news (nabbed in a hurried read of Fuse 8) because I'm dealing with working and end of schooling and librarying and have been a woeful blog reader, even using all the tools out there to make it easier. But still, it's a sad thing, even if she's leaving the very useful archives up.

Reading this news also made me stop and think about the "lifetime expectancy" of a blog in the kidlitosphere. As a writer, it's easy for me to say this is part of my job AND something I love doing anyway. As an (anonymous!) agent, Miss Snark gave endlessly back at a rather exhausting pace, but to what end? Is that sustainable... and WHY sustain it if it starts to be too much/a burden/anything negative? Much clearer for me here at GottaBook, I must say, though I'm curious if any of y'all have different, clear reasons for continuing to hang your cyber shingle....

No comments: